Friday, April 22, 2016

Five for Friday



I'm back with another Five for Friday post, sharing some of the highlights from this week! Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share your week and join in the fun :)





This week we started playing Prodigy for math practice. My students are HOOKED! So many of them are playing at home too- you know that's a sign you've found a good game. A 5th grade teacher at my school told me about it, prodigygame.com and I'm so glad she did! The game is set up like like a video game, where you have characters that do battles and you can buy pets and outfits. It reminds me of Zelda meshed with Neopets from back in my day :) You can assign standards or just set the grade level and they work on what they need. I highly suggest you check it out for your students!





Did you know that if you mix cornstarch with shaving cream you get fluffy playdough??? Well I didn't until about 5 days ago and I saw it on Pinterest. We just finished our unit on Landforms with this fun activity that was a little messy.. I suggest doing it outside if you can :)






The wait is finally over! I've mentioned in a few posts that we ordered giant blue blocks and they took about a month to come in. In the meantime we enjoyed medium blocks that we recieved free through Imagination Playground's referral program! The look on the kids faces were priceless!





We just took the last test of 3rd grade!!!! Well.. except the main test... the dreaded EOG haha. So we finished up with graphing and from now till May 22nd we'll review.





Our farm update is that we're kickin' it up a notch with our soap sales! I started up an Etsy show this week to showcase our soap at https://www.etsy.com/in-en/shop/RandRFarm

I may enlist the help of the photography class to get some fancier pictures of our products, but still exciting to get it up and running and spread the word on our goat milk soap!

I hope everyone had a great week, and enjoys the weekend! I'm looking forward to netflix binging :)

Rock on,

Diana

5 comments:

  1. I love to play games and this prodigy math game looks like so much fun! I'll have to stop by your Easy shop! Enjoy your net fix binging weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prodigy is great! It doesn't require a lot of explaining, they hop on the tablet and play!

      Delete
  2. Those blue blocks look like ENDLESS fun and imagination! I bet your kiddos just loved that and getting messy with the "playdoh!" I will have to go by and check out your Etsy Shop!
    Enjoy your relaxing weekend!
    Kara Mullens
    Mullens Madness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks look so cool! I'll definitely be checking out that soap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all! I wish blogger had a "like" button :)

    ReplyDelete