Friday, June 24, 2016

Five for Friday


Happy Fri-yay! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five highlights from the week! Be sure to check it out and link up yourself to share your week :)


Dog walking!




Since summer break has started I've been thinking of ways to make extra money this summer. I recently made a profile on care.com to be a pet sitter! I have already done several jobs through the site and have watched adorable dogs, chickens, and gotten lots of steps in on the fitbit while dog walking! I blogged about this and other ways to make summer cash that you can check out here!


Science resources- getting my nerd on! 



I've really been buckling down and working on my science units. I already have a heat transfer unit available in my TPT store, but next on my lists are forces and motion, then eco systems. I'd love to get all of our science units done this summer with a "unit at a glance" page so we're ready to go! We'll see if I can keep the momentum going :) So be on the lookout for those if you're a 3rd or 4th grade science teacher!


So many pictures to take!



I've been playing around with my mother-in-laws Nikon D70 and it's the first DSLR camera I've ever used. I love how sharp these pictures turn out and the pop of color! I'm not used to seeing quality photos since my iphone has done the trick up till now :) I took the plunge and ordered the Nikon D3300 and should have it by next week! YAY!


National Board Certification




I'm all about taking plunges this week.. as I'm going to sign up and become a National Boards Candidate this year! I was eligible last year as a fourth year teacher, but was in a new grade level and new school. I believe this year is the year! EEK! Of course I've already made a binder.. I love a good binder.


Farm Update! Hot mess will pop any moment now!




I'm patiently waiting for my goat Hot Mess to have her baby. She is due Saturday, but I've been watching her like a hawk! We have a security camera set up in her pen and an intercom so we can hear her and monitor from the house. I can also talk back to her! Naturally in preparation for this big day I did a maternity shoot with the DSLR camera.. I know.. I really need to be back in school already so I stay busy LOL!

OK time for me to get back to those units before my girl goes into labor! Once there's baby goats here I know I won't be productive. Be sure to link up and share your week!

Rock on,

Diana



4 comments:

  1. Going through the National Board process was one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. You'll do a great job! Love the binder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your Boards. It'll be one of the most difficult, yet rewarding things you ever do. You will definitely look at your teaching in a whole new light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on national boards!

    I love that you are picking up extra money walking dogs- that's some hustle you have! Making money and staying fit!

    Primary On The Prowl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with national boards! I love the binder.. That's exactly what I would do!

    ReplyDelete