Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Made It

My very first "Monday Made It"!


In preparation for my new classroom I've been on the hunt for cute accent pieces to add a home-y touch. I'm doing a new color scheme and moving away from my owl theme. I had a field day at the school supply store last week and came home with oodles of yellow, gray, and turquoise chevron border. I can't wait to decorate with my new colors! However my OCD self wants everything to match and that means I've got lots of orange, light blue, and green decor I need to update.

Well, I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to realize the power of spray paint.. but WOW! I've got a can of "seaside gloss" and I'm not afraid to use it!

So here's my "made it" and it's a pretty simple one. I found this lovely plant stand in the trash, someone probably thinking "oh it's rusted, it's no good"... think again! I sanded that sucker down and got out my magic weapon.




Now turquoise furniture is not a popular find these days, so if you have a wild color in your classroom then I highly suggest the spray paint! I can't wait to find some more things laying around that I can transform :)

Thanks for stopping by, keep crafting!

-Diana

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Clever girl. I have a metal table and chairs I have been planning to paint...for YEARS! Now you have inspired me. Thanks for the creative post!

    ReplyDelete